Located on the shores of the Groundhog River in Fauquier, Northern Ontario. Groundhog River Farm specializes in Polytunnel and Field Grown produce for the local market. Produce can be purchased seasonally at;
- Our market location Chez Pepere conveniently located in the village of Fauquier
- The Local Farmers Market
We also use our produce to make a wide variety of small batch seasonal artisan Jams, Jellies and Preserves (please check our Online Store to see what is currently available).
At Groundhog River Farm we focus on growing historical and heritage variety produce . We select our seeds and crops for their suitability to grow in our Northern Climate with our cool summers, long winters and clay soil. These are just some of the produce we have growing on the farm this year, items marked with * are first year trials and may or may not be available depending on crop success.
Squashes & Melons
- Zucchini ( Green & Yellow)
- Patty Pans
- Spaghetti Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Cantaloupe, Watermelon, & Honeydew * we are trialing a variety of old fashion fresh eating and baking melons, these are smaller in size than what you would find at your grocery store but what they lack in size they make up for in flavour.
- Beets (Red & Gold)
- Beans (Yellow, Green, Burgundy)
- Edamame Soya Beans
- Onions (Green & Cooking)
- Russet & Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Asparagus – these perennial plants need 3 years to establish themselves before they are ready to be picked each spring, these guys are in their 2nd season and we are adding more this year. We expect our first small crop in spring 2022.
- Artichokes & Cardoons *
- Beet Greens
- Cabbage (Winter Green, Savoy)
- Brussel Sprouts
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Saskatoon Berry
- Aronia Berry (Choke Cherries)
- Bush Cherry
- Goji Berries
- Black Currants
- Container grown Figs
- An expanding orchard selection of Heritage Varieties of Apple, Pear, Apricot, Plum, and Quince